Recipe updates coming soon!
- Sweet vidalia onion
- Guinness beer
- Peanut Oil
- Beer - If you're not a fan of Guinness beer, then use any variety to suit your taste.
More Recipes You'll Love
Beer Battered Onion RingsSave Recipe Saved Recipe!
- Deep Fryer
- Wire rack
- 1 large sweet vidalia onion
- 1-2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- peanut Oil
- Salt (or to taste)
- Cut onion rings into ¼-½ inch slices.
- Pour buttermilk into a large container and add the onion rings. Let the onions soak in refrigerator for an hour.
- Following the fryer manufacturer's instructions, pour (at least) the minimum amount of peanut oil into the deep fryer, then preheat to 350-360 degrees.
- Prepare batter by mixing the beer and Bisquick together until bubbly and thick.
- Quickly remove rings and dunk them into batter, then place them gently in fryer basket. Lower the fry basket and fry 4-5 rings at a time for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove and place onion rings on a wire rack to dry. Lightly sprinkle them with salt. Let cool for approximately 3-4 minutes and serve while crisp.