Spicy curry sauce combined with plump, juicy chicken, and sweet coconut milk makes for the perfect weeknight meal. Want to make this dish vegan? Substitute chicken for garbanzo beans and leave out the heavy cream. Serve with jasmine rice and add cilantro to make it extra special. Bon appetit!
- Jasmine rice
- Red bell pepper
- Coconut milk
- Heavy cream
- Red curry paste
- Yellow curry powder
- Brown sugar
- Corn starch
- Olive OIl
Spicy Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot
- Large fry pan or work
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ½ qty red bell pepper
- 1 qty small onion
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 qty lime
- 3 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oIl
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 bunch cilantro (if desired)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- Cut chicken into 1-2 inch pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dice onion, mince garlic, grate ginger, and slice red pepper. Open all cans and spices to have them ready to add in quickly.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, heat 2-3 tablespoon olive oil and add in diced onions. Cook the onions until clear, then add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add all remaining seasonings (red curry paste, yellow curry, and coriander) and more oil if needed. Stir and cook for 2-3 min. to lightly toast spices. Add diced chicken and red pepper. Cook for an additional 3-5 min. to brown chicken on all sides.
- Add in coconut milk and brown sugar. Stir and cook until chicken is thorougly done on the inside. For thickening, add 2 teaspoon of corn starch to 4 teaspoon of cold water in a small cup and stir contents together until dissolved. Pour in small amounts to your sauce to reach the desired consistency.
- Add in heavy cream, juice of a freshly squeezed lime, and more salt and pepper to taste. Stir until blended.
- Plate and serve warm with jasmine rice. Add cilantro for garnish (if desired)
- Place one cup of water and one cup of jasmine rice into Instant Pot.
- Cook on high for 3 min. with valve closed.
- Natural release for 10 min. then release remaining steam and serve immediately.