Crispy potato skins right out of the oven topped with melted cheese, bacon, ripe tomatoes, green onions, and sour cream. These appetizers are perfect for game day or a weekend treat! Invite your friends and they will keep coming back for more!
- Russet potatoes
- Roma tomatoes
- Habanero cheese
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Olive Oil
- Cheese - Habanero cheese can be hard to find sometimes. Cheddar, white cheddar, or Monterey jack would be a great substitute!
Potato Skins with Habanero CheeseSave Recipe Saved Recipe!
- Fry pan
- Sheet pan
- 10 qty medium russet potatoes
- 2 qty Roma tomatoes
- 8 oz habanero cheese shredded
- 3 qty green onions
- 1 qty bacon (cooked)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4-5 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush olive oil lightly on russet potatoes. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 50 minutes.
- When finished roasting, let cool. Scoop potato filling out into a bowl. Leave approximately ⅛ inch filling inside potato skins.
- Brush inside and outside of potato skins (again) with olive oil.
- Place back into the oven and roast for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove and coat with shredded cheese (let sit to melt). Add cooked bacon, tomato, green onions, and sour cream to the top.
- Plate and serve warm. Enjoy!