- Garbanzo beans
- Toasted pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Feta cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
Roasted Beet Hummus with Pita Bread
- 2 qty medium sized beets (roasted)
- 1 cans garbanzo beans
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chunk feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup microgreens
- Preheat oven to roast at 425 degrees.
- Cut stems off of beats and wrap them in foil. Place beets into the oven for 45-60min or until beets are fork tender.
- Take beats out of the oven and unwrap. Place them immediately into an ice bath. When cool, peel and chop beets into cubes.
- Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and sauté 2-3 cloves of garlic until tender. Remove and toast pine nuts for 2-3min. until slightly browned.
- Place beets, one can of drained garbanzo beans (set some of the juice aside for later), tahini, garlic, toasted pine nuts, and squeezed lemon into the food processor.
- Blend until you get your desired consistency. Add garbanzo juice if needed.
- Toast pita bread in a frying pan with 1-2T of olive oil (medium heat). Cut into quarters with a pizza slicer.
- Plate and serve while bread is warm. Crumbled feta and micro greens may be used for garnish. Enjoy!