Do you love juicy, ripe berries in your salad? This Berry Delicious Summer Salad with Spinach and Candied Pecans is a game changer! The plump berries combined with the sweet nuts and tangy poppyseed dressing make it a deliciously sweet go-to lunch for any day of the week.
- Poppyseed dressing
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make Berry Delicious Summer Salad with Spinach and Candied Pecans
Step One: Prepare the Dressing
There are several ways to prepare homemade salad dressings:
1). Use a bowl to whisk or stir the ingredients together.
2). Put all of your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, then give it a little shake.
3). Use a stick blender to blend the salad dressing ingredients together. This is helpful if the dressing includes a garlic clove or anchovies.
4). Use an oil and vinegar dispenser with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salads as needed.
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make if you keep some essential ingredients on hand. See our Top 10 Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes for the dressings we love the most.
Step Two: Prepare Ingredients
Wash spinach and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While spinach is draining, dice all remaining ingredients into small salad-sized portions.
Step Three: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with spinach on the bottom, followed by fresh berries and pecans.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Make this gorgeous Tropical Fruit Platter with your leftover strawberries.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salad recipes ideas:
More lunch recipes you will love:
This could have to do with not cooking them long enough since the sugar has to reach the correct temperature. If they are still warm, try letting them cool for a bit longer.
Berry Delicious Summer Salad with Spinach and Candied Pecans
- 3 tablespoon Poppyseed dressing
- 3 oz. Spinach
- 5 qty Strawberries
- 8 qty Raspberries
- 8 qty Blackberries
- 8 qty Blueberries
- 8 qty Candied Pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Wash remaining produce and cut into small salad sized portions.
- Assemble salad with all ingredients.
- Drizzle prepared dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.