Where are all of my kiwi lovers out there? If you're in the mood for some beautiful leafy greens, deliciously sweet blackberries, and all of the ingredients to make the perfect (fruit) salad, then don't miss this Kiwi Salad with Blackberries and Pecans recipe. I recommend you pair it with this tangy Poppyseed Dressing - yum! Summer is calling.
- Lettuce - Baby spinach leaves were used in this recipe.
- Kiwi - Choose fresh, ripe kiwi. Gently press the fruit to see if it is too firm.
- Blackberries - If you have a local farm, fresh-picked blackberries are the best!
- Pecans - We keep these on hand in the freezer for when we need a scoop in salads.
- Goat cheese - I love this creamy cheese in salads that contain fruit.
- Poppyseed dressing
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make Kiwi Salad with Blackberries and Pecans
Step One: Prepare the Dressing
There are several ways to prepare homemade salad dressings:
1). Use a bowl to whisk or stir the ingredients together.
2). Put all of your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, then give it a little shake.
3). Use a stick blender to blend the salad dressing ingredients together. This is helpful if the dressing includes a garlic clove or anchovies.
4). Use an oil and vinegar dispenser with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salads as needed.
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make if you keep some essential ingredients on hand. See our Top 10 Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes for the dressings we love the most.
Step Two: Prepare Ingredients
Wash all spinach and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While spinach is draining, peel the kiwi and then dice it into small salad-sized portions.
Step Three: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with spinach leaves on the bottom, followed by freshly sliced kiwi, blackberries, goat cheese, and pecans.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Entertaining soon? Extra kiwi can be used in this gorgeous Tropical Fruit Platter.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other fruit salad ideas:
More fruit salad recipes to love:
Kiwi Salad with Blackberries and Pecans
- 3 tablespoon Poppyseed Dressing
- 3 oz. Spinach
- 2 qty Kiwi
- 15 qty Blackberries
- 3 tablespoon Pecans
- 3 tablespoon Goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Wash remaining produce and cut into small salad sized portions.
- Assemble salad with all ingredients.
- Drizzle prepared dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
Leave a Reply