What is a cobb salad, you ask? Feast your eyes on this! I am sharing How to Make the BEST Cobb Salad Loaded with Chicken and Veggies (Recipe). The BIG chicken flavor combined with the crisp bacon and eggs makes it an ultra filling go-to lunch for any day of the week.
- Lettuce - Romaine lettuce is my preference for this recipe
- Red onion
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
Step One: Prepare the Dressing
There are several ways to prepare homemade salad dressings:
1). Use a bowl to whisk or stir the ingredients together.
2). Put all of your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, then give it a little shake.
3). Use a stick blender to blend the salad dressing ingredients together. This is helpful if the dressing includes a garlic clove or anchovies.
4). Use an oil and vinegar dispenser with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salads as needed.
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make if you keep some essential ingredients on hand. See our Top 10 Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes for the dressings we love the most.
Step Two: Prepare the Protein
To prepare the chicken, first, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Next pound the chicken flat, then add seasoning. In a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place the chicken into the oven and continue to cook until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Finally, remove and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Cook bacon according to package directions. Drain the grease from the bacon and then blot with paper towels. Tear bacon into bite-sized salad portions.
To prepare the eggs, place two cups of water into an Instant Pot. Place eggs on the wire rack (included) so that they are not immersed in water. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes. Turn the valve to release the pressure when finished (quick release). Run eggs under cool water so they are ready to peel.
Step Three: Prepare Ingredients
Cut or tear up lettuce into small portions. Wash all lettuce and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While lettuce is draining, dice all remaining ingredients into small salad-sized portions.
Step Four: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with lettuce on the bottom, followed by fresh diced vegetables, and any additional cheeses, croutons, nuts, and/or seeds.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Salad bowl
- Salad tongs
- Oil and vinegar dispensers
- Frying pan or cast iron skillet
- Meat thermometer
- Cutting board
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Love hard-boiled eggs in your salad? Use the leftovers in this Everything Chopped Salad.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salads recipes ideas:
More chicken recipes you will love:
It may be an old wives tale that you shouldn't cut lettuce. Supposedly, the lettuce will brown a little quicker around the edges, but many people disagree that this is true.
If you prefer a milder taste, then yes. Soaking red onions in ice water for 20-30 minutes will mellow out their flavor.
How to Make the BEST Cobb Salad Loaded with Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- Boston Bibb lettuce
- Chicken tenders
- Red onion
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt (or to taste)
- Pepper (or to taste)
- Cook chicken to a safe internal temperature of 165 °F (74 °C) *See food safety guidelines below
- Cook eggs
- Cook bacon according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Wash remaining produce and cut into small salad sized portions.
- Assemble salad with all ingredients.
- Drizzle prepared dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.
Cook bacon according to package directions
Cook chicken to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Create a clean work area.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat or seafood.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove.