Bacon, eggs, and mushrooms on a beautiful bed of leafy greens. All of this is combined with some warm bacon-flavored dressing. How could one go wrong? If you haven't tried this Warm Bacon and Spinach Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts, make sure you do soon!
- Red onion
- Pine nuts
- Warm Bacon Salad Dressing
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
Step One: Prepare the Protein
Cook bacon according to package directions. Reserve about two tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan for the dressing. Blot grease off of the cooked bacon with a paper towel. then tear it into bite-sized salad portions.
To prepare the eggs, place two cups of water into an Instant Pot. Place eggs on the wire rack (included) so that they are not immersed in water. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes. Turn the valve to release the pressure when finished (quick release). Run eggs under cool water so they are ready to peel.
Step Two: Prepare the Dressing
Saute ¼ of finely diced red onion in the remaining two tablespoons of bacon fat. Add ½ cup of white balsamic vinegar, ⅓ cup of sugar, one tablespoon of dijon mustard, and ¼ cup of water. Whisk to combine, stirring up all the bacon bits that were leftover from the pan. Pour into a mason jar and shake well.
Step Three: Prepare Ingredients
Cut or tear up lettuce into small portions. Wash all lettuce and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While lettuce is draining, dice all remaining ingredients into small salad-sized portions.
Step Four: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with lettuce on the bottom, followed by fresh diced vegetables, and any additional cheeses, croutons, nuts, and/or seeds.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Salad bowl
- Salad tongs
- Oil and vinegar dispensers
- Frying pan or cast iron skillet
- Meat thermometer
- Cutting board
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Use up your excess spinach in this Berry Delicious Summer Salad
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salad recipes ideas:
More lunch recipes you will love:
Why are pine nuts so expensive?
Warm Bacon and Spinach Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
- Red onion
- Pine nuts
- Salt (or to taste)
- Pepper (or to taste)
- Cook bacon according to package directions.
- Cook eggs to a safe internal temperature of 160 F. *See food safety guidelines below
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Wash spinach and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Wash remaining produce and cut into small salad sized portions.
- Assemble salad with all ingredients.
- Drizzle prepared dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.
Cook bacon according to package directions.
Cook eggs to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F (71.1 °C)
- Create a clean work area.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat or seafood.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove.