Is there a better combination than avocado and eggs? Seriously! This Chicken, Avocado, and Egg Salad with Green Goddess dressing is incredibly tasty and has all the right ingredients to make you crave more and more. The herby, fresh flavor of the Green Goddess dressing adds another layer of goodness that will make your tastebuds happy!
- Chicken - Want a bit of spice? Add this delicious chipotle chicken seasoning.
- Lettuce - Romaine lettuce was used in this recipe.
- Green goddess dressing
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
Step One: Prepare the Dressing
There are several ways to prepare homemade salad dressings:
1). Use a bowl to whisk or stir the ingredients together.
2). Put all of your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, then give it a little shake.
3). Use a stick blender to blend the salad dressing ingredients together. This is helpful if the dressing includes a garlic clove or anchovies.
4). Use an oil and vinegar dispenser with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salads as needed.
Homemade salad dressings are very easy to make if you keep some basic ingredients on hand. See our Top 10 Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes for the dressings we love the most.
Step Two: Prepare the Protein
To prepare the chicken, first, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Next pound the chicken flat, then add seasoning. In a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place the chicken into the oven and continue to cook until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Finally, remove and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
To prepare the eggs, place two cups of water into an Instant Pot. Place eggs on the wire rack (included) so that they are not immersed in water. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes. Turn the valve to release the pressure when finished (quick release). Run eggs under cool water so they are ready to peel.
Step Three: Prepare Ingredients
Cut or tear up lettuce into small portions. Wash all lettuce and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While lettuce is draining, dice all remaining ingredients into small salad-sized portions.
Step Four: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with lettuce on the bottom, followed by fresh diced vegetables, and any additional cheeses, croutons, nuts, and/or seeds.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Salad bowl
- Salad tongs
- Oil and vinegar dispensers
- Frying pan or cast iron skillet
- Meat thermometer
- Cutting board
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
For best results, soft-boiled eggs and ripe avocado should be prepared just before serving.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Excess avocados can be used to make this family favorite Guacamole recipe.
In the mood for a similar dish?
More lunch recipes you will love:
Should you cut or tear lettuce?
Are avocados good for you?
Chicken, Avocado, and Egg Salad
- 1 8oz. Chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning
- 2 qty Eggs (boiled)
- ½ head Romaine lettuce
- ½ qty Avocado
- ¼ teaspoon Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoon Green goddess dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Green Goddess dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken flat, then add seasoning.
- In a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the chicken into the oven and continue to cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook eggs to a safe internal temperature of 160 F. *See food safety guidelines below
- Wash lettuce and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Wash remaining produce and cut into small salad sized portions.
- Assemble salad with all ingredients.
- Drizzle prepared dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.
Cook chicken to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
Cook eggs to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F (71.1 °C)
- Create a clean work area.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat or seafood.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove.