Yes, please! Is it lunchtime yet?! Get a load of this Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich with Arugula. The bright fresh tomatoes combined with the aged prosciutto and fresh mozzarella are just perfect together. Add your favorite balsamic dressing and you'll be good to go!
- French bread
- Dry Coppa
- Basil pesto
- Italian seasoning
- Balsamic syrup
- Fresh basil
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Cutting board
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
This dish is not freezer friendly.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Leftover pesto goes very well in this Casarecce Pasta dish.
More lunch recipes you will love:
Is arugula a superfood?
Should tomatoes be refrigerated?
Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich with and Arugula
- 1 French loaf
- 3-4 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices dry coppa
- 3 slices buffalo mozzarella
- ½ Roma tomato sliced
- 1 bunch arugula lettuce
- 2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil
- balsamic syrup
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat for toasting. Slice a French bread in half and brush olive oil generously over the top. Place the bread in the pan and toast for 2-3 minutes, watching it carefully to prevent burning.
- Crush a garlic clove and use it to gently rub the top of each slice.
- Once you have prepared your bread, spread a layer of basil pesto over one side.
- Now, layer the slices of dry coppa ,prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, tomato, and fresh arugula on the bread.
- To finish, season the sandwich with a pinch of salt, some freshly ground pepper, and your favorite Italian seasoning. Drizzle balsamic syrup over the top and add some fresh basil if desired.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.