Yes, please! Is it lunchtime yet?! Get a load of this Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich with Arugula and Balsamic. The bright fresh tomatoes combined with the aged prosciutto and fresh mozzarella are just perfect together. Add your favorite balsamic dressing and you'll be good to go!
- Bread - I prefer french bread for this recipe.
- Mozzarella - Fresh mozzarella
- Basil pesto - Did you know you can make your own fairly quickly? Fresh pesto is sooo much better!
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Italian seasoning
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Cutting board
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
This dish is not freezer friendly.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Leftover pesto goes very well in this Casarecce Pasta dish.
More lunch recipes you will love:
Yes! Arugula is considered a cruciferous vegetable. It is full of antioxidants and rich in nutrients. For this reason, it would be a great leafy green to add to any healthy smoothie for weight loss benefits.
Refrigerating tomatoes will extend their shelf life, but could also decrease their flavor or change their texture. If you don't want your tomatoes to go bad, wait until they are fully ripe, refrigerate for a few days, then bring them back to room temperature before slicing.
Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich with and Arugula and Balsamic
- 1 qty French bread (small)
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 3 slices Fresh mozzarella
- 1 qty Tomato
- 4 leaves Arugula
- 2 tablespoon Basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinaigrette
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to a low broil
- Slice open french bread and brush on some olive oil all over the top.
- Add french bread to the oven and lightly toast it for 2-3 minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Remove it from the oven. Spread basil pesto on both sides of the bread.
- Layer slices of prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, tomato, and arugula.
- Drizzle balsamic vinagrette over the top and season with salt, pepper, and your favorite Italian seasoning. Serve immediately.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.