Crunchy, filling, and super trendy, these Crunchy Air Fryer Pasta Chips are a fun, delicious snack to whip up for the kiddos! From start to finish, you'll have a quick Italian treat in minutes. Try different shaped pasta and a variety of dips to change up this popular viral recipe.
Air fryer recipes have been gaining popularity for their ability to transform traditional dishes. Our Crunchy Air Fryer Pasta Chips are no exception. Using the air fryer, you'll achieve a golden-brown, crispy texture that makes this pasta perfect for snacking or sharing.
There is a reason these chips have become a viral sensation, popping up on TikTok and other social media pages. And the best part? You can whip them up in no time, with ingredients that are both accessible and budget-friendly.
Why you will love this air fryer pasta:
- It's tasty - Pasta chips have a yummy crunch that will keep you coming back for more.
- It's simple - With just a handful of ingredients, including pasta, olive oil, and parmesan cheese, you'll create a flavorful snack in minutes.
- It's versatile - Once you master the basic recipe, get creative and experiment with different seasonings and dipping sauces.
- Pasta - We love fusilli pasta, but you can choose your favorite type – rigatoni, penne, and bowtie offer a unique chip shape and texture.
- Parmesan - The secret ingredient that adds a delicious flavor to each chip.
- Olive oil - Helps to achieve the golden-brown crispiness.
- Italian seasoning - A delicious blend of herbs that will add more flavor.
- Marinara - The perfect Italian dipping sauce for this snack.
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make Pasta Chips
STEP ONE: Prepare the Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and let it cool slightly.
STEP TWO: Toss and Coat
In a bowl, gently toss the cooked pasta with olive oil to coat evenly.
STEP THREE: Air Fry the Pasta Chips
Set your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) and let it preheat. Place the coated pasta in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they're not overcrowded. Note *You may have to do this in batches.
Cook for about 10-12 minutes, shaking or stirring the pasta every few minutes to ensure even cooking. The pasta should turn golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them as cooking times can vary based on your specific air fryer model.
STEP FOUR: Season and Serve
Add the grated Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning. Gently toss again until the cheese adheres to the pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm with your favorite marinara sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese - Swap with pecorino Romano for a tangier flavor.
- Italian Seasoning - Create your own blend, or use oregano, thyme, and (or) basil.
- Olive Oil - Try garlic infused oil, or add garlic seasoning.
- Spicy - Sprinkle red pepper flakes for added kick.
- Sweet - Dust the chips with cinnamon sugar for a unique twist.
- Flavor - For a gourmet touch, make truffle pasta chips by drizzling truffle oil over the chips after air frying. Dip them in your favorite aioli sauce.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- This dish is best served immediately and not stored.
Tips for the Best Crispy Pasta Chips
Ensure the pasta is coated with olive oil and arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket to allow even cooking.
Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure uniform browning.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Try our family favorite Sunday Gravy over any excess pasta you have on hand.
- Use leftover parmesan to create a creamy parmesan sauce or dressing.
- Use leftover olive oil on salads or bread.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other snack ideas:
More air fryer recipes you will love:
Yes! Feel free to use gluten-free pasta to make this dish suitable for your diet.
It's possible the chips were undercooked. Ensure they are crispy before removing them from the air fryer.
Yes, but pasta chips are best stored at room temperature and served immediately.
Yes! Preheat your oven to around 375°F (190°C), spread out the boiled pasta in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for about 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they turn golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking.
Crunchy Air Fryer Pasta Chips (Viral Recipe)
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water to stop the cooking process. Make sure the pasta is well-drained.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked and drained fusilli pasta with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, making sure the pasta is evenly coated.
- Spread the seasoned pasta in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd. You might need to cook the pasta in batches if your air fryer has a smaller basket.
- Place the basket in the preheated air fryer and cook the pasta at 375°F (190°C) for about 10-12 minutes, shaking or stirring the pasta every few minutes to ensure even cooking. The pasta should turn golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them as cooking times can vary based on your specific air fryer model.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning. Gently toss again until the cheese adheres to the pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with your favorite marinara sauce.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.