Get all of the delicious Mediterranean flavors in one bite! This chopped Greek salad is tasty, filling, and makes a great lunch for meal prep or entertaining. Add some chicken or garbanzo beans for additional protein, or serve it as a side salad to your favorite main dish.
- Lettuce - We find that iceberg lettuce works best for this chopped salad
- Kalamata olives
- Green pepper
- Feta cheese
- Red onion
- Pepperoncini peppers
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
Step One: Prepare the Dressing
There are several ways to prepare homemade salad dressings:
1). Use a bowl to whisk or stir the ingredients together.
2). Put all of your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, then give it a little shake.
3). Use a stick blender to blend the salad dressing ingredients together. This is helpful if the dressing includes a garlic clove or anchovies.
4). Use an oil and vinegar dispenser with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salads as needed.
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make if you keep some essential ingredients on hand. See our Top 10 Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes for the dressings we love the most.
Step Two: Prepare Ingredients
Cut or tear up lettuce into small portions. Wash all lettuce and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While lettuce is draining, dice all remaining ingredients into small salad-sized portions.
Step Three: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with chopped Iceberg lettuce on the bottom, followed by fresh diced vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and pepperoncini peppers.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
- Onions and Peppers - Leave them out if you're not a fan!
- Lettuce - Romaine lettuce will work just as well.
- Tomato - Roma tomatoes, Campari tomatoes, or grape tomatoes would make a good substitute.
- Protein - Add garbanzo beans or grilled chicken for additional protein.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Busy lately? Make your M-F lunches with this Mediterranean Meal Prep.
- Add some pasta and dolmades to your leftover vegetables for this Greek Orzo Salad with Dolmades
- Try these delicious poolside Cucumber Stacks snacks!
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salad recipes ideas:
- Everything Chopped Salad
- Chopped Asparagus Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
More Greek recipes you will love:
It may be an old wives tale that you shouldn't cut lettuce. Supposedly, the lettuce will brown a little quicker around the edges, but many people disagree that this is true.
Chopped Greek Salad
- ½ head Iceberg lettuce
- 1 small Beefsteak tomato
- ⅓ qty English cucumber
- 10-12 qty Kalamata olives
- ¼ med Green bell pepper
- 2-3 oz. Feta cheese
- ¼ qty Red onion
- 2 qty Pepperoncini peppers
- ½ tablespoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- Chop and wash lettuce, then set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Chop all remaining ingredients into very small pieces.
- Prepare salad with all ingredients. Drizzle dressing over the top.
- Toss and serve. Add more pepper if desired.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
Leave a Reply