Juicy watermelon, yummy blueberries, and tangy feta combine in this scrumptious fruit salad that is just perfect for summer. Pair it with your favorite grilled meat, or eat it alone for lunch. This Watermelon Blueberry and Feta Summer Salad will be a seasonal treat you will crave often. Don't forget to drizzle on some sweet Balsamic Glaze.
- Red onion
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
Step One: Prepare the Dressing
There are several ways to prepare homemade salad dressings:
1). Use a bowl to whisk or stir the ingredients together.
2). Put all of your ingredients in a mason jar with a lid, then give it a little shake.
3). Use a stick blender to blend the salad dressing ingredients together. This is helpful if the dressing includes a garlic clove or anchovies.
4). Use an oil and vinegar dispenser with your favorite extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to drizzle on salads as needed.
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make if you keep some essential ingredients on hand. See our Top 10 Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes for the dressings we love the most.
Step Two: Prepare Ingredients
Wash all lettuce and produce thoroughly, then set it aside to drain in a colander. While lettuce is draining, dice all remaining ingredients into small salad-sized portions.
Step Three: Assemble and Serve
Assemble the salad in layers with spinach leaves on the bottom, followed by fresh fruit, vegetables, feta cheese, and walnuts.
Add a small amount of dressing and give it a good toss. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing for 2-3 days. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Serve up your leftover watermelon as appetizers in this simple Watermelon Caprese recipe.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salad recipes ideas:
More fruit salad recipes you will love:
If you want to pick a good watermelon, make sure you look for the field spot. Ripe watermelons are yellowish in color near this area. You can also give it a "hollow knocking test." A low thud will indicate that it might not be ideal for picking.
If you prefer a milder taste, then yes. Soaking red onions in ice water for 20-30 minutes will mellow out their flavor.
Watermelon Blueberry and Feta Summer Salad (with Balsamic Glaze)
- Red onion
- Pepper (or to taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Wash remaining produce and cut into small salad sized portions.
- Assemble salad with all ingredients.
- Drizzle prepared dressing on top.
- Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.