Are you a healthy on-the-go breakfast type of person? Are you tired of your usual breakfast routine? If so, then this Ultimate Banana Toast Recipe is just what you need. The sweet flavors of banana and honey combine with crunchy nuts and coconut to bring you this tasty morning treat. Real food for real people.
In need of some more sweet breakfast toast ideas? Try this amazing Nutella Toast recipe.
No more plain toast. It's time to step up your game! Banana toast combines the sweet and creamy flavor of ripe bananas with the comforting warmth of almond butter on toasted bread. It's an easy breakfast recipe that can also be enjoyed as a quick snack throughout the day. Gone are the days of slathering peanut butter and jelly on bread. This Ultimate Banana Toast is the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, and healthy.
Why we love this recipe:
- It's delicious - All the flavors and textures are amazing! We have sweet and nutty, creamy and crunchy, and a little tropical.
- It's addictive - Once you try it, you'll find it hard to resist having it again and again.
- It's healthy - There are so many health benefits from eating nuts, seeds, fruit, etc. You can replace white bread with wheat or sprouted varieties to make it more nutritious. It's also great for pre-workout!
- It's easy and "on the go" - If you keep healthy ingredients like nuts and seeds in your pantry, you can whip this easy breakfast up in no time. In a rush to leave the house? No worries, there are no utensils required - just take this toast with you.
- It's versatile - Customize your banana toast with different toppings and spreads for endless flavor combinations.
- Bread - Rustik bread was used in this recipe, but any artisan variety will do.
- Honey Almond Butter - Buy a little, or buy a lot. We bought a sample package for this recipe.
- Banana - One medium banana should do! (Two bananas are pictured above).
- Almonds - We purchase sliced almonds. Leftovers can be frozen to retain freshness.
- Coconut - Unsweetened shredded coconut is what we prefer. Coconut can be frozen as well.
- Chia Seeds - Chia seeds add so many health benefits! Fiber, Omega 3, and protein, to name a few.
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make Ultimate Banana Toast Recipe
STEP ONE: Prepare the Ingredients
First, you will need to gather all of your ingredients and have them ready. I like to gather my measuring spoons ahead of time, too.
STEP TWO: Toast the Bread
Next, toast two slices of bread until it is slightly browned. You can use your oven if the slices are too large for a toaster.
STEP THREE: Assemble and Serve
Finally, spread honey almond butter on both slices, followed by sliced bananas, almonds, coconut, and chia seeds.
- Nuts - Choose your favorite crunchy variety. We like the sliced almonds because there's no need for additional crushing.
- Nut Butter - Natural peanut butter would make a great alternative for peanut butter banana toast.
- Coconut - We also like coconut flakes and large chips. Other dried fruits may work well.
- Bread - Use whole wheat bread, sprouted multigrain, or your favorite gluten free variety.
- Flavor - Feeling chocolatey? Try Nutella toast! We love pairing strawberries with this delicious hazelnut spread.
- Add-ins - For additional toppings, try a dash of cinnamon or brown sugar. You could also sprinkle on a handful of granola.
- Breakfast alternative - If you're not feeling "toasty," these toppings go very well on overnight oats or your favorite banana French toast recipe.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Butter Knife
- Cutting board
Banana toast is best enjoyed immediately after preparation to maintain its optimal texture. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. Reheat the toast in a toaster or toaster oven before serving.
Note: Refer to Top Tips below for more storage and reheating tips.
Nuts, seeds, and dried fruit store well in the freezer. If you use them often, seal them in a mason jar and keep them in the door of the freezer so they are readily accessible.
The sweetness and flavor of bananas intensify as they ripen, so ripe bananas are perfect for this recipe.
Don't be afraid to experiment and get creative with your toppings. Add a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a handful of your favorite chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.
Enjoy your banana toast while it's still warm and the almond butter is slightly melted. It enhances the overall experience.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Extra sliced almonds are great in a salad. You can toast them, too! Try them in this Hot Honey Crisp Chicken Salad.
- If you have excess bananas and other tropical fruits on hand, you may enjoy this Tropical Fruit Platter. It's a great dish for entertaining.
In the mood for a similar dish?
- Strawberry Nutella Toast
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
More breakfast and brunch recipes you will love:
How many chia seeds should you eat in a day?
Can you freeze almonds?
Can nuts and seeds go rancid?
Ultimate Banana Toast Recipe
- Butter Knife
- 2 slices Rustik Bread
- 1 sample pack Justin's Honey Almond Butter or 2-3 tbsp
- 1 med Banana
- 2 tablespoon Sliced Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Coconut
- ½ teaspoon Chia Seeds
- Gather all ingredients and have them ready to measure.
- Toast each piece of bread until slightly browned, approximately two minutes.
- Using a butter knife, spread Justin's Honey Almond Butter on the toast, followed by the thin banana slices, then top it with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Remember, the ultimate banana toast recipe is all about personalization. Feel free to experiment with different toppings, spreads, and bread choices to create your perfect breakfast treat. Enjoy the combination of flavors and textures that banana toast offers, and make it a part of your regular breakfast routine. Bon appétit!
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.