Are you a healthy on-the-go breakfast type of person? If so, then this Crunchy Honey Almond Butter Toast with Bananas is just what you need. The sweet flavors of banana and honey combine with crunchy nuts and coconut to bring you this tasty morning treat.
No more plain toast. It's time to step up your game! Gone are the days of slathering peanut butter on bread and calling it a day. Crunchy Honey Almond Butter Toast with Bananas is the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, and healthy.
Why we love this recipe:
- It's delicious - All the flavors and textures are amazing! We have sweet and nutty, creamy and crunchy, and a little tropical.
- It's healthy - There are so many health benefits from eating nuts, seeds, fruit, etc. You can replace white bread with wheat or sprouted varieties to make it more nutritious. It's also great for pre-workout!
- It's easy and "on the go" - If you keep healthy ingredients like nuts and seeds in your pantry, you can whip this toast up in no time. In a rush to leave the house? No worries, there are no utensils required - just take this toast with you.
Looking for more amazing breakfast recipes? Try our Sous Vice Poached Eggs, or our Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats. You may even prefer these Cowboy Potatoes.
- Bread - Rustik bread was used in this recipe, but any artisan variety will do.
- Honey Almond Butter - Buy a little, or buy a lot. We bought a sample package for this recipe.
- Banana - One medium banana should do! (Two bananas are pictured above).
- Almonds - We purchase the slivered almonds. Leftovers can be frozen to retain freshness.
- Coconut - Unsweetened shredded coconut is what we prefer. Coconut can be frozen as well.
- Chia Seeds - Chia seeds add so many health benefits! Fiber, Omega 3, and protein, to name a few.
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make Crunchy Honey Almond Butter Toast
STEP ONE: Prepare the Ingredients
First, you will need to gather all of your ingredients and have them ready. I like to gather my measuring spoons ahead of time, too.
STEP TWO: Toast the Bread
Next, toast two slices of bread until it is slightly browned. You can use your oven if the slices are too large for a toaster.
STEP THREE: Assemble and Serve
Finally, spread honey almond butter on both slices, followed by bananas, almonds, coconut, and chia seeds.
- Nuts - Choose your favorite crunchy variety. We like the slivered almonds because there's no need for additional crushing.
- Nut Butter - Of course, others will work just as well, but then it wouldn't be called "Honey Almond Butter" toast.
- Coconut - We also like the coconut chips and large flakes. Other dried fruits may work well.
- Bread - Use wheat or sprouted grain bread if you prefer a healthier variety.
- Flavor - Feeling chocolatey? Try Nutella toast! We love pairing strawberries with this delicious hazelnut spread.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Butter Knife
- Cutting board
This Almond Butter Toast is best if eaten right away. The bread tends to get soggy if stored in the refrigerator.
Note: Refer to Top Tips below for more storage and reheating tips.
Nuts, seeds, and dried fruit store well in the freezer. If you use them often, seal them in a mason jar and keep them in the door of the freezer so they are readily accessible.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Extra slivered almonds are great in a salad. You can toast them, too! Try them in this Hot Honey Crisp Chicken Salad.
- If you have excess bananas and other tropical fruits on hand, you may enjoy this Tropical Fruit Platter. It's a great dish for entertaining.
In the mood for a similar dish?
- Strawberry Nutella Toast
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
More breakfast and brunch recipes you will love:
According to New Health Adviser, you should "avoid eating more than 3 tablespoons per day." For maximum health benefits, you should stick to 2 tablespoons per day.
Almonds can be stored in the freezer for 9-12 months to extend their shelf life.
Nuts and seeds with high oil or fat content can become rancid and should not be consumed. They will develop an off odor or taste. Store nuts and seeds in the refrigerator or freezer for long-term use.
Crunchy Honey Almond Butter Toast with Bananas
- Butter Knife
- 2 slices Rustik Bread
- 1 sample pack Justin's Honey Almond Butter or 2-3 tbsp
- 1 med Banana
- 2 tablespoon Slivered Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Coconut
- ½ teaspoon Chia Seeds
- Gather all ingredients and have them ready to measure. Chop one small banana into slices.
- Toast each piece of bread until slightly browned, approximately two minutes.
- Using a butter knife, spread Justin's Honey Almond Butter on the toast, then top it with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
Leave a Reply