What do I love about these ultra nutritious Instant Pot Steel Cut (Overnight) Oats? They are so incredibly comforting, they can be topped with any of your favorite ingredients, and they are simply perfect for a crisp, cool morning when you need something warm to get you going. Even better, they can be made ahead of time for meal prep!
- Dried cherries
- Brown sugar
- Half and half
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
- Nuts - Not a walnut fan? Try pecans as an alternative.
- Instant Pot
- Cutting board
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
This dish is not freezer friendly.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other breakfast and brunch recipes:
Instant Pot Steel Cut (Overnight) Oats
- 4 ½ cups steel cut oats not quick cook
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ banana
- dried cherries (or Craisins)
- brown sugar
- half and half
- Add 1 ½ cups of steel cut oats (not the quick cook kind) and 4 ½ cups of water to your Instant Pot. If you do not have an Insta Pot, you may cook on the stove according to package directions.
- Seal and cook for 12-13 minutes on high. Wait 10 minutes for natural release.
- Open valve to release remaining steam, then carefully open the pot. Mix oats really well. Serve with bananas, dried cherries, brown sugar, walnuts, and cream. Enjoy!
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.