Are you a fan of sweet breakfast treats that are both delicious and nutritious? Look no further than the BEST Nutella Toast recipe! This delightful combination of rich Nutella spread on perfectly toasted bread, topped with fresh strawberries, wholesome oats, crunchy chia seeds, and granola will provide a great start to your day and a boost of energy. In this post, we'll guide you through the steps to create this delicious treat. Let's get started!
Nutella and Toast is a beloved classic, enjoyed by people of all ages. It combines the creaminess of Nutella, a luscious chocolate and hazelnut spread, with the comforting crunch of perfectly toasted bread. The addition of fresh strawberries adds a burst of flavor and nutrition. We've taken this recipe to new heights by incorporating wholesome ingredients like oats, chia seeds, and granola. Not only do they provide a delightful texture, but they also offer nutritional benefits, including fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and sustained energy.
Why we love this recipe:
- It's quick - With just a few simple steps, you can satisfy your Nutella cravings and nourish your body in no time.
- It's addictive - The combination of creamy Nutella, crispy toast, and the added crunch of oats, chia seeds, and granola is simply irresistible.
- It's easy - Even beginner cooks can master this recipe and create a delicious and wholesome treat.
- It's versatile - Customize your Nutella and Toast with a variety of different toppings to add your favorite flavors and textures.
- It's nutritious - The incorporation of oats, chia seeds, and granola provides fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and sustained energy to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Nutella - The star of the show, this creamy chocolate and hazelnut spread adds richness to your toast.
- Bread - Choose your favorite type of bread, whether it's a English muffin, soft brioche, or whole wheat for a healthier twist.
- Strawberries: Fresh and vibrant strawberries provide a burst of flavor and a pop of color to your Nutella and Toast.
- Oats: Wholesome oats add a delightful texture and provide fiber for a satisfying and nutritious treat.
- Chia Seeds: These tiny powerhouses are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein, adding a crunchy element to your creation.
- Granola: Crunchy granola enhances the texture and flavor of your Nutella and Toast while providing additional fiber and nutrients.
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make the Best Nutella Toast
STEP ONE: Prepare the Bread
Start by toasting your bread slices to golden perfection. You can use a toaster, or simply pop them in the oven for a few minutes.
STEP TWO: Spread the Nutella
Take a generous amount of Nutella and spread it evenly on each toasted bread slice.
STEP THREE: Top with Strawberries
Wash and slice the fresh strawberries. Place them on top of the Nutella and topping-covered bread slices, arranging them as desired.
STEP FOUR: Add the Toppings
Sprinkle a layer of oats, chia seeds, and granola on top of the Nutella-covered bread slices, pressing lightly to ensure they adhere. Feel free to add a drizzle of more Nutella if you're a true Nutella lover!
STEP FIVE: Serve
Serve your Nutella and Toast with strawberries, oats, chia seeds, and granola as a delightful breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- Nutella - If you're looking for a different flavor profile, you can substitute Nutella with other chocolate spreads like homemade chocolate-hazelnut spread, almond butter, or even peanut butter.
- Bread - Experiment with different types of bread, such as cinnamon swirl bread, challah, or gluten-free options for those with dietary restrictions.
- Toppings - If you prefer different toppings or have dietary preferences, feel free to customize this toast with your favorite ingredients. Sprinkle some chopped nuts, like almonds, hazelnuts, or pecans, over the Nutella Toast. The nuts add a satisfying crunch and a nutty flavor that pairs well with the creamy sweetness of the Nutella.
- Nutella and Banana Toast: Swap the strawberries for slices of ripe banana. The combination of creamy Nutella, sweet bananas, and the added texture of oats, chia seeds, and granola is a classic that never fails.
- Nutella and Raspberry Toast: Replace the strawberries with fresh raspberries for a burst of tartness that complements the chocolatey Nutella (see picture below). Add your favorite fruit spread and top it off with powdered sugar.
- Stuffed Nutella French Toast: Take your Nutella and Toast experience to the next level by creating a stuffed French toast version. Dip your Nutella and topping-covered bread slices into an egg mixture consisting of beaten eggs, a splash of milk, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Cook them on a buttered skillet until golden brown and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and maple syrup.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
- Toaster or Oven
- Spreading Knife
- Cutting Board
Nutella and Toast with strawberries, oats, chia seeds, and granola is best enjoyed fresh. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. However, note that the bread may lose some of its crispness.
Note: Refer to Top Tips below for more storage and reheating tips.
Warm the Nutella before spreading for easier and smoother application.
Experiment with different combinations of fruits and toppings to create your own unique Nutella and Toast variations.
For an extra touch of sweetness, drizzle your Nutella and Toast with a little bit of honey or maple syrup. You could also sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar over the top.
To reheat Nutella and Toast, simply place the desired number of slices in a toaster oven on a low setting until warmed through and the Nutella becomes slightly melted and gooey.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Spread leftover Nutella on pancakes, waffles, or crepes for a decadent breakfast. You could also use it as a dip for fruit slices or pretzels, or drizzle it over ice cream.
- Leftover berries could be blended into a smoothie like we did in this Tropical Melon Smoothie. You could also add them to yogurt or use them as a topping for Steel Cut Oats. If you're a fruit salad lover, use them up by making this Berry Delicious Salad.
In the mood for a similar dish?
- Take your Nutella and Toast experience to the next level by making stuffed French toast. Create a sandwich with two slices of bread, spread Nutella generously on one side, and add a layer of sliced bananas or berries. Dip the sandwich in an egg mixture consisting of beaten eggs, a splash of milk, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Cook it on a buttered skillet until golden brown and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- Make these easy Berry Crepes with store-bought crepes, luscious Nutella, and a medley of fresh berries. It's a quick and convenient treat that is sure to impress!
Need something to pair this with?
- Enjoy your Nutella Toast alongside a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a mug of rich hot chocolate. The warmth of the beverage complements the comforting flavors of the Nutella.
- Serve a side of creamy Greek yogurt with your Nutella Toast. The tanginess of the yogurt complements the sweetness of the Nutella and provides a contrast in flavors.
More breakfast and brunch recipes you will love:
Yes! While strawberries are a delicious choice for topping your Nutella and Toast, you can easily substitute them with other fruits. Consider using sliced bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or even a combination of your favorite fruits. Choose fruits that pair well with the rich chocolate-hazelnut flavor of Nutella.
The best type of bread for Nutella and Toast depends on personal preference. You can use a variety of bread options to suit your taste and dietary needs. If you prefer a classic option, choose a fresh baguette, an English muffin, or a slice of soft brioche. For a healthier twist, whole wheat bread or whole grain bread will work well.
Yes! If you follow a gluten-free diet or have gluten sensitivities, you can enjoy Nutella and Toast by using gluten-free bread. There are many bread options available in stores, such as those made from rice flour, almond flour, or a blend of gluten-free grains. Strawberries, oats, chia seeds, and granola, are typically gluten-free. However, it's important to note that not all brands or varieties of these ingredients are guaranteed to be gluten-free.
Try choosing a sweeter bread variety, such as a sweet brioche, or a bread with added sweetness like cinnamon swirl bread. Alternatively, you can sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar over the finished Nutella and Toast. This will add a touch of sweetness without overpowering the flavors of Nutella and the bread.
The BEST Nutella Toast Recipe
- 4 slices of your favorite bread English muffin, brioche, or whole wheat
- Nutella as needed
- 1-2 cups fresh strawberries washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoon oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon granola
- Preheat your toaster or oven to toast the bread slices. Adjust the settings to achieve your desired level of toasting.
- Once toasted, spread Nutella generously on one side of each bread slice. Add more Nutella if you prefer a richer flavor.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the bread slices, evenly distributing them.
- Sprinkle oats, chia seeds, and granola on top of the Nutella-covered side of the bread slices. Gently press the toppings into the Nutella to ensure they adhere. Add a drizzle of more Nutella if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
Enjoy this delicious and nutritious Nutella and Toast creation with the added goodness of strawberries, oats, chia seeds, and granola. Don't forget to share the joy with your loved ones!