Colorful heirloom tomatoes, gruyere cheese, and fresh asparagus are the key players in this quiche. Having family over for a special occasion? Impress them with this special breakfast that you can prepare the night before. Enjoy!
See recipe card for quantities.
Heirloom Tomato and Asparagus Quiche with Gruyere Cheese
- Tart Pan
- Pie Weight (or dry beans)
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 2 cups Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 8-10 qty Asparagus
- 4 qty Eggs
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Thaw puff pastry in refrigerator overnight.
- Assemble ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pre-sliced tomatoes on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle them lightly with salt and extra virgin olive oil, then set aside so the tomatoes have time to sweat.
- Delicately unfold pie crust and place it on a floured surface. Roll out the dough so that it is slightly larger than the tart pan.
- Gently lay crust on the pan and remove overlap from the edges. Use the rolling pin to cut the dough from the surface.
- Place a layer of aluminum foil so that it covers the entire crust. Lay pie weights and/or dry beans in pan so that the pastry doesn't puff while cooking.
- Place the pie crust and tomatoes in the oven to cook at 400 degrees. Remove the pie crust after 10 min and let rest. Remove the tomatoes after approximately 20min so that they dry out a little.
- Remove the pie weights and foil from crust. Mix 4 eggs with ⅓ cup of heavy cream and shred the cheese.
- Lay cheese in the pie crust followed by egg mixture. Lay asparagus in a criss-cross fashion on top of egg, followed by all tomatoes (cut side up).
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake for approximately 20min. or until slightly browned on top.
- Remove and let cool for 10 min. Using a pie cutter, slice the quiche and serve warm. Enjoy!