Recipe updates coming soon!
- Puff pastry
- Gruyere cheese
- Olive Oil
- All purpose flour
See recipe card for quantities.
- Onion - Caramelized onions would make a nice addition to this pastry.
More Recipes You'll Love
Mushroom Gruyere Tart
- Pastry sheet
- Pastry brush
- Cheese grater
- Pizza Cutter
- Fry pan
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- strainer or colander
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry
- 1 heaping cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 12 ounces white sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 twigs fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash all purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1 qty egg for egg wash
- Thaw puff pastry in the refrigerator according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly dust some flour on a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Unroll one pastry sheet and place it on top of a lightly floured surface.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, gently serrate about ½ inch all the way around the edge of the pastry.
- Sprinkle one heaping cup of shredded Gruyere cheese in the center while leaving the border clean.
- Wipe mushrooms clean. Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Season and saute mushrooms until softened for approximately 6-8 minutes. Drain liquid.
- Spread mushrooms on top of cheese.
- Transfer pastry to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush egg wash over the border and then continue baking for another 5-10min.
- Remove from the oven and top with thyme (if desired). Cut into 4 pieces and serve warm. Mushrooms will get darker in color as it cools.