This is a perfectly Simple Arugula Side Salad that pairs well with every meal. It takes just a few minutes to put together and tastes delicious! There is something about this peppery lettuce flavor that combines so well with the sweet balsamic glaze and burst of grape tomato goodness!
- Arugula lettuce
- Grape tomatoes
- Balsamic glaze
- Extra virgin olive oil
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
- Dressing - Balsamic vinegar works just as well. Did you know you can make any balsamic glaze by reducing the balsamic vinegar by half in a saucepan on low heat? Give it a try!
- Tomatoes - If you're like me, you love every kind of tomato. Campari tomatoes or colorful heirloom cherry tomatoes would taste great in this salad, too.
- Add flavor - Take this salad to the next level by adding some toasted pine nuts and mozzarella cheese balls. You can also try different varieties of balsamic glazes and olive oils sold in specialty stores.
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Go easy on the dressing! Balsamic glaze is very sweet and a little goes a long way.
Buy pre-washed and ready-to-eat lettuce to save time.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Use your leftover arugula to make this delicious prosciutto and arugula pizza.
- Extra grape tomatoes can be baked to make these flavorful slow-roasted tomatoes.
- Store slow-roasted tomatoes in the refrigerator or freezer, then add them to any flatbread recipe like this mini naan with whipped feta and roasted tomatoes.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salad recipes ideas:
- Halloumi Side Salad
- Honey Drop Tomato Caprese
- Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
More lunch recipes you will love:
Yes, and it is easy to make yourself! Heat some balsamic vinegar up on the stove at low to medium heat until it reduces by half.
Yes! Arugula is considered a cruciferous vegetable. It is full of antioxidants and rich in nutrients. For this reason, it would be a great leafy green to add to any healthy smoothie for weight loss benefits.
Refrigerating tomatoes will extend their shelf life, but could also decrease their flavor or change their texture. If you don't want your tomatoes to go bad, wait until they are fully ripe, refrigerate for a few days, then bring them back to room temperature before slicing.
Simple Arugula Side Salad
Use desired amount(s)
- 5 oz arugula lettuce
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoon balsamic syrup
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Wash lettuce and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half.
- Prepare salad with all ingredients. Drizzle balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil over the top.
- Toss and serve. Add more salt and pepper (if desired).
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse lettuce and other vegetables thoroughly.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
Leave a Reply