In the mood for something fresh and simple? If you’re a salad lover, try this Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. It’s elegant in style, delicious in flavor, and super healthy! Put this salad together in under five minutes and feel great about what you’re eating.
- Arugula lettuce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White wine vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
- Parmesan - Freshly grated parmesan cheese can be substituted for shaved parmesan. Use authentic parmigiano reggiano for ultimate flavor and try to avoid the pre-shredded varieties.
- Add flavor - Take this salad to the next level by adding some toasted pine nuts or prosciutto.
Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator without dressing. If the salad is moist from being washed, place a paper towel on top of it to draw out the moisture.
Buy pre-washed and ready to eat lettuce to save time.
Only use freshly squeezed lemon in this recipe.
Have leftover ingredients?
- Use leftover dressing as a marinade for chicken or brush it on top of broiled fish.
- Extra lemons can be used to make this creamy lemon parmesan risotto.
- Shaved parmesan can be added to any Italian salad, soup, or pasta platter.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Try these other salad ideas:
More lunch recipes you will love:
What are the benefits of eating lemons?
- Lemons help with digestion and contain vitamin C. While there are many positive health benefits, be careful not to consume too many. Since they are highly acidic, they can damage your teeth.
Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salad bowl
- Salad tongs
- Oil and vinegar dispensers
- Potato peeler
- 5 oz Arugula lettuce
- Shaved parmesan
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- ½ juice Lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, and the juice of half a lemon together in a small bowl.
- Wash arugula and set it aside to drain in a colander.
- Using a potato peeler, shave some some small pieces off a block of parmigiano reggiano.
- Arrange salad with all ingredients. Drizzle dressing on top. Add more lemon and cracked pepper if desired.
- Toss and serve immediately. Garnish with sliced lemon (optional).
- Wash hands and create a clean work area.
- Rinse lettuce and other vegetables thoroughly.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.