Crispy and golden brown, these Easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges will transport you to french fry heaven! Not only are they easy and quick to make, but they are incredibly versatile. Have them as a snack or pair them with your favorite protein. However you choose to enjoy them, you'll be glad you did!
Potatoes are the bomb side dish! So many different ways to make them and they taste incredible every time.
Why we love this recipe:
- It's health(ier) - Skip the deep fryer, the oily mess, and the extra calories. This recipe will satisfy all your french fry cravings with a lighter, healthier oil (and LESS of it).
- It's quick - A quick chop and a little seasoning will yield crispy, golden brown fries in under 15 minutes.
- It's versatile - So many different seasonings and toppings can be added to these potato wedges. Truffle oil and parmesan are a family favorite of ours.
- Potatoes - We prefer the Russet variety.
- Paprika - Adds color and flavor.
- Italian Seasoning - We like to use an Italian Seasoning blend in a grinder.
- Oil - We used extra virgin olive oil for this recipe.
- Salt - Kosher salt works best for potatoes.
- Pepper - Just a little will do.
Note: Refer to the recipe card below for exact quantities.
How to Make Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Wash the Potatoes
Rinse potatoes under cold water. Using a kitchen scrub brush, carefully scrub each potato with a circular motion, then rinse again. Pat dry with a towel.
STEP TWO: Cut into Wedges
Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Continue cutting lengthwise 2-4 more times until you reach your desired thickness. Potatoes wedges should be uniform in size.
STEP THREE: Season
Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Add salt and pepper and mix well until all potatoes are lightly coated.
STEP FOUR: Cook and Serve
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes into the air fryer with space in between. Air fry the wedges for up to 7 minutes or until they look slightly browned and crispy. Flip potato wedges and repeat for up to 7 more minutes on the opposite side. Add remaining seasonings and serve immediately.
- Oil - Oils with a higher smoke point are best. Avocado oil or peanut oil would be a good substitute.
- Flavor - Experiment with your favorite seasonings, add flavored oils, or try on some different toppings.
- Truffle oil and parmesan cheese
- Salt and malt vinegar
- Chili and cheese topping
- Ranch seasoning
This post shows some of our kitchen essentials. Please visit our shop if you would like to see more of our favorites. These are Amazon affiliate links and we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
This dish is not freezer friendly.
Note: Refer to Top Tips below for more storage and reheating tips.
Reheat potato wedges in the air fryer to help retain their crispy texture.
Soaking potato wedges in an ice bath for 30 minutes prior to cooking will yield crispier results. Soaking helps to remove some of the starches.
Have leftover ingredients?
- If you bought too many potatoes, make these incredible Cowboy Potatoes for breakfast.
- Excess potatoes can also be nestled between this amazing Greek Style Lemon Chicken.
In the mood for a similar dish?
Need something to pair this with?
- Potato wedges would pair super well with this delicious Filet Mignon.
More dinner recipes you will love:
Smoking points are important when deciding which oils to use in your air fryer. According to airfrying.net, avocado oil, extra light olive oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil are a few of the best oils to use.
They both have different flesh and skin colors. Yukon potatoes have a buttery flavor and their skin is not as tough. They also have a little less starch.
Check the air fryer manual for specific instructions regarding preheating. Many air fryers do not require preheating, but most people tend to agree that food crisps up quicker if preheated for at least 2-3 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 med Russet Potatoes
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Rinse potatoes under cold water. Using a kitchen scrub brush, carefully scrub each potato with a circular motion, then rinse again. Pat dry with a towel.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Continue cutting lengthwise 2-4 more times until you reach your desired thickness. Potatoes wedges should be uniform in size.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Add salt and pepper and mix well until all potatoes are lightly coated.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes into the air fryer with space in between. Air fry the wedges for up to 7 minutes or until they look slightly browned and crispy. Flip potato wedges and repeat for up to 7 more minutes on the opposite side.
- Add remaining seasonings. Serve immediately.
- Create a clean work area.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat or seafood.
- Rinse fresh produce thoroughly.
- Do not use the same cutting board or utensils on cooked food or produce, that previously touched raw meat or seafood.
- Do not leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove.